“Pleasant words are as a Honeycomb, Sweet to the Soul, and Health to the Bones. prov. 16:24”
Here is a brief list of some of the health benefits of raw, pure, 100% honey:
- You never have to worry about getting sick from rotten honey, because it never spoils.
- A natural sweetener that contains 22 amino acids and a variety of minerals essential for metabolism and hence is helpful in preventing obesity.
- Honey is nature’s energy booster and a great immunity system building.
- Honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance and endurance, and reduces muscle fatigue of athletes.
- Honey’s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and helps you stay healthy and fight disease.
- Honey helps burn fat while we sleep.
- Honey helps allergies, arthritis, sore throats, sleeplessness, and hangovers.
- Honey is a great natural anti-aging skin care product.
- Honey provides a calming effect without irritating the skin.
- Honey contains antioxidants and flavonoids that may function as antibacterial agents.
- It is believed that drinking lemon juice with a little honey first thing in the morning is an effective anti-cellulite treatment as it helps to increase body metabolism.
- For information on calories in honey, and comparision to processsed white table sugar see the Benefits of Honey website.
Bet the drug companies won’t like this one getting around. Facts on Honey and Cinnamon: It is found that a mixture of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also accept honey as a ‘Ram Ban’ (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.
Today’s science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients. In it’s natural form, honey is a mixture of sugars primarily Glucose and Fructose. These sugars do not require any special digestive process before they can be utilized by the body. Honey contains the B vitamins, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamin, NicotinicAcid and Pyridoxine. Small amounts of vitamin C are also found. The minerals found in Honey are quite extensive, including Potassium, Chlorine, Sulfur, Calcium, Sodium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Silica, Iron, Manganese, Copper, and several trace elements. Accompanying these Vitamins and Minerals are acids and enzymes which help make honey a truly fortified food!
How To Relieve Seasonal Allergies With Raw Local Honey
An astonishing amount of people (50 million people in the U.S.) suffer from seasonal allergies. These people are suffering from seasonal allergies with symptoms of runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy nose, itchy eyes, or tearing eyes. The loss of productivity is actually costing United States up to $4.6 billion annually!
Numerous medications such as Claritin® have been invented to cure allergies. Unfortunately, many people are still suffering from these seasonal allergies even after digesting these medications. Luckily, an all-natural alternative to relieving your seasonal allergies might actually be coming from your backyard. Many people already have used raw local honey to treat seasonal allergy symptoms and so can you!
Think about this. Honey bees in your neighborhood travel from flowers to flowers collecting nectar from the same plants that are giving you allergy symptoms. The raw honeys collected by these bees contain bits and pieces of the same pollens from these plants. So, by eating these very same raw honey made by the bees from your area, the raw honey will often act as an immune system booster to reduce your allergy symptoms to local flowering plants.
It is great idea to source raw honey that is raised as close as possible to where you live to rip the most benefit. Once you obtain your raw local honey, start taking 2 to 3 spoonfuls each day for several months prior to pollen season. You will likely see big difference in your body to cope with allergies.
Besides reducing seasonal allergies, raw honey has many other health benefits as well. Raw honey can help ease digestion, relieve constipation, and may even reduce cancer. Raw honey is also great in relieving morning sickness and great for sore throats.
With all of these benefits of raw honey to your health, why not try adding few doses of local raw honey to your regular diet?